Tuesday, January 04, 2005

INAUGURAL POST

Having long ago abandoned reading the Sacramento Bee, Sacramento's largest daily newspaper, I recently thought it would be appropriate to initiate a blog dedicated to putting the standards of journalism practiced at the Sacramento Bee under the spotlight. Why? First, the Bee professes its objective reporting standard while many people believe otherwise. I believe it should give up the charade and registered as a 527 . Second, my medication isn't working. Third, the Bee will not critically analyze themselves, and I have about 38 seconds of unallocated free time each week to do so. Fourth, I sure wish there was a local paper I could buy, read, then trust what I had just read. Avast, yee holed-up, wanna-be policy makers masquerading as journalists, here comes some needed critique . . . . and sometimes a little bourbon-induced crankiness.